Total Pageviews

Monday, August 30, 2021

Nurses & Their Support Staff (Heros)

 


When I was a child, I thought I knew what hero(s) were, cartoon superhero's.  When you grow up and find out there are no superhero's in real life, though sometimes real life surprises you.  I was hospitalized a few years ago and I can attest that the only hero(s) I've ever met in real life are nurses and their support staff who change you, bath you and generally tend to your needs.  

Nurses had the biggest healing effect on me that I was given, more than the meds, the surgeries or the doctors.  They were my therapists, muses, inspirations, confidant, healers and friends.  I'm not sure they ever realize how critical they are to the patients they treat, I hope they do!  Especially with COVID-19, we have pushed them to the edge of their sanity and endurance.  I watch their tired, strained faces as they plead on TV for more resources and relief.  We owe it to them to help ourselves by wearing masks and getting vaccinated for COVID, we owe it to us all.

Nurses are risking their and their family's lives by going to work and treating us all.  The mental toll that this disease has taken on them might not be understood for years.  They are the unsung hero(s) of our healthcare system.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to go into nursing.  It's almost a thankless job.  Now I think, why didn't I thank them more?  It's mostly because when you are released, you just don't see a lot of the shift nurses that have been working on you and that's sad.  There should really be some kind of email list where you could send them thanks when you get home and are recuperating. 

I don't really know how to find or thank the nurses that saved my life, but if I meet a nurse now, I realize how important it is to thank them for all they do, for their patients who missed out on the opportunity like I did.  We wish you health (of mind and body), happiness (of family and soul) and may the love and caring you put out come back to you many fold.  Forever my hero.  >Insensitive Bastard 💓      

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

SCOTUS Delivers Big Win in November!

Well, they sure snatched a loss from the jaws of victory.  Thank you, SCOTUS, the democratic national committee could not have done it bette...